Advanced deep tissue massage with (NMT)
Deep tissue massage and neuromuscular therapy originates from Europe and America in the 1930’s. Deep tissue massage releases chronic tension by using slow strokes, hands, deep finger pressures, knuckles, and elbows over the muscles, tendons and fascia. NMT focuses on the nerves and the muscles, using precise and palpatory pressure with the thumbs on focussed areas.
It’s not uncommon for this therapy to feel tense or uncomfortable, however, I like to work to my client’s individual comfort level and needs, so I can go lighter or deeper with this therapy and the NMT techniques are optional. I ask my client’s how they feel as I go along to ensure the treatment is both comfortable yet effective for working into the deeper problem areas.
- Improves sports performance
- After workout or bodybuilding
- The NMT helps to prevent soft tissue injuries and with chronic pain
- Lower back pain
- Postural problems
- Repetitive strain injury/carpal tunnel syndrome
- Deep-tissue massage can help increase serotonin in the body, the hormone that makes you feel good
- Eliminates toxins from the lymphatic system
- Relieves stress and tension
- Improves circulation
- Helps to break up scar tissue as